@bobandshan @ChesapeakeBayWineTrail @VaultFieldVineyards
1. Wine & Cheese Grilled Cheese: A wine and cheese Sammy is so genius, why hasn’t anyone thought of this before? Just take your fave wine and give it a quick reduction, spread it on the bread, stack the cheese, grill and DEVOUR! (via BS’ in the Kitchen)
Wine and cheese.
Makes sense right? Everybody knows it, so WHY has nobody made a Wine & Cheese Grilled Cheese before?!?!? As I’m writing this, I decided to give it a Google, and found nothing! I like to think of myself as a bit of a grilled cheese trendsetter, so this pleases me greatly! Now that I’ve let the cat out of the bag, start making these!! Seriously, the options are endless. Take your favorite wine and cheese pairing, give the wine a quick reduction, spread it, stack that cheese, grill it and DEVOUR IT! But please be refined in your devouring, this is wine and cheese remember.
- 2 slices french bread
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- ½ red onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Dash of rosemary
- Dash of thyme
- 1 tbsp flour
- ¾ cup red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- ½ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- In a pan on medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion, mixing into butter.
- Once the onions begin the soften, add garlic, thyme and rosemary.
- Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle about a tbsp of flour, mixing in.
- Once mixed in, add wine.
- Reduce until alcohol has burned off and the reduction is thick enough to coat a spoon. Taste reduction to ensure alcohol has burned off.
- Spread reduction on each slice of bread.
- Add Gruyere.
- Butter the outside of each slice.
- Grill in a pan on medium heat until golden brown on each side.